Thursday, March 10, 2011

Master Chef fish with sweet corn sauce!


So, as I mentoned I got inspired by the US Master Chefs and cooked this lovely fresh fish with on a sweet corn sauce. The sauce made the whole dish and I can highly recommend cooking this or something similar.
To go with it, I made a salsa style salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado, onions, and some greens, and butter fried sugar snaps.

The fish is fresh local (Maltese) white fish that I cannot remember the name of, but it will work with any white fish, of course fresh is preferred.
I did realise that I have to improve my fish filleting skills while cooking this though. Well, living in the Meditteranean and next door to a fish shop I have a feeling I will get the chance to practice a lot more :)

Start with the fish, cut the meat off the bones and season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Take half a can of sweet corn and some water and blend it until smooth.
Pour the corn puree into a pot, add some salt, pepper, garlic salt and perhaps some vegetable stock into it. Then CREAM of course, to make the sauce creamy and smooth, and not to forget tasty!

Chop tomatoes, a little bit of onion, an avocado and mix with olive oil, herbs, vinegar and a little bit of honey in a bowl.

Now, fry the fish in a generous amount of butter, and at the same time very gently fry the sugar snaps in butter and some salt as well. You just want to warm them in the butter basically, and avoid too much heat to make them go soft, you want to keep the crunch :)
At this point, also taste the sauce, add more seasoning etc to make sure you are completely happy with the taste.







Enjoy! I promise you, you will love this dish!






No comments:

Post a Comment