Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Green curry and prawn stoup

Another stoup has been made and eaten. Very tasty and filling, and good to make if you have veg and other things in the fridge that you need to use before it expires.
This can be made with any type of protein, I usually use chicken or prawns because I think it goes well with the coconut and curry tastes. The curry paste can be exchanged for either yellow or red too, I just happened to have green at home at the time.

Stoup=Something between a soup and a stew. Not thick as a stew, but not thin as a soup.



And this is how you make it, 5-6 portions:

 
Big chunk of butter in a pot.
Chop onions, spring onions or leek and garlic into small pieces.

Fry the three different onions in the butter with a fish cube.
Add two cans of coconut milk. I also added a couple of deciliters of cream.
For seasoning I used soy sauce, a couple of table spoonsof fish sauce, a couple of table spoons of lemon juice, and 2-3 teaspoons of green curry paste.
In addition I used to ginger powder, and some chili powder.

Don't be shy with the curry paste :)

I also used some 'Gurkmeja' that my mum brought me from Sweden. It doesn't give much flavour, but a very nice yellow colour.

Let the sauce cook and season until you are happy with the flavours. Then it's time to add the protein and the veg!

Use whatever you like. I had two small carrots, sugar snaps, tomatoes, loads of prawns, bean sprouts and onions.

Put everything in and let cook for 10 minutes. Not too long, then you loose the crunch in the veg!

Enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment