Sunday, March 6, 2011

King Prawns and Mussles in white wine

Today we went to a fishing village called Marsaxlokk, known for it's fish and seafood restaurants as well as it's market.
Amongst other things they sell a lot of fresh fish at this market, and we came home with a kilo of king prawns and a kilo of mussels, for only €16!

Well, this is what I cooked from it. Considering it's my first time cooking both king prawns and mussels, I'm very happy, and so was my other half, so I'll definitely do this again!


I made a broth of the following:

1 onion,
2 cloves of garlic,
4 dl of white wine,
Some lemon,
3 dl of water,
 Mixed herbs,
2 fish cubes
4 dl of fresh cream

I let it cook for half an hour before I put the seafood in, then I let it cook for 15-20 mintes. We ate it with suger snaps and tomatoes, and a glass of white wine. Yum!









No comments:

Post a Comment