Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Amazing Thai Beef Salad

and I can tell you this much, I have been thinking about this salad daily since we ate it last week, and I will have to make it again very soon.
This idea, like many others I get, spawned from a thai beef salad I had at Zest here in Malta not so long ago. I thought it tasted amazing, so I tried to recreate it.
The key things to make this good, and to get that thai flavour is fresh coriander, fish sauce, fresh chili and fresh ginger.
And of course a good meet. I used fillet of beef, not very cheap but oh so yummy!


Start off with marinating the meet for a bit. I sliced my fillet thinly and marinated in the juice of one lime, 2 table spoons of fish sauce and two table spoons of soy sauce.

The meet should not be overly seasoned, as it tasted really good just as it is, lightly fried in a pan. And also, the real hero of this dish is the dressing, which has a lot of flavours.


For the dressing; Ginger, lime, olive oil, red chili, soy sauce, fish sauce and fresh coriander.

Chop the chili fruit finely. I took out the seeds, and it was still very spicy, so I recommend doing that.


Peel and grate your ginger root and add into a bowl together with the chili and the juice of one lime fruit.

Chop half a bunch of fresh coriander and add into the dressing. Also add 3 table spoons of fish sauce and 3 table spoons of soy sauce. Taste and add more fish sauce, soy sauce and lime if needed.


The vegatables I used was spring onions, more coriander, orange bell pepper, carrot and some sort of lettuce that I can't remember the name of, but it was very crunchy and nice. See picture.

Oh yeah, I also used baby tomatoes.




When you have chopped and mixed your salad, it is time to fry the meat. A little bit of butter in the pan, high heat. When the butter has stopped bubbling, add in the meat and fry for a minute or so.
You don't want to fry this nice meat dry so do not overcook it.



Last but not least - Enjoy.

And yeah. try not to think about this salad everyday after you had it, like it do. As a matter of fact, I think I have to make it tomorrow again! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment