Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mussels and King prawns in tomatoe and capers sauce

This was truly yummy. I was trying to imitate a maltese sauce that is often served with fresh fish, which is made from garlic, tomatoes, herbs and capers. I realised when I cooked it that it really it the capers that does the trick, it gives the sauce an amazing flavour.


I cooked this sauce from:

2 onions
2 cloves of garlic

Chop the above and fry in a big chunch of butter and some olive oil, Add a fish cube or two.

2 cans of passata tomatoes
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Basil
Mixed herbs
Capers, from a can. I used around 20.

Let the sauce simmer until it has thickened a but, then add your shellfish. Remember to scrub the mussels before you throw them in.
Let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the mussels are opened.


No comments:

Post a Comment