Friday, February 25, 2011

Migraines

Can migraines be related to what we eat and do not eat? I am convinced it is highly related, but of course not entirely based on that. But someone like me who has suffered from extremely bad migraines since child hood, cannot make it go away completely, but we can definitely help it and help ourselves to less attacks and less severe migraines.

First of all, we can stop stressing so much, cos for many migrain sufferers the attacks are related to stress, but that's a given. We shouldn't stress a lot, full stop.

But secondly, we can eat better  and more natural food, and eat less of foods that will trigger migraines. Migraines can be triggered by a lot of the hormone insuline being released in your body, and high levels of insuline are caused by too much carbohydrates, too put it simple.

I myself can truly tell the difference if I eat a lot less carbohydrates, and instead I eat fat to get full, and I now have one migraine attack every 3-4 months as opposed to 2-3 attacks a month that I used to get.

I also remember when I was a kid and we tried to figure out what caused my migraines, we at some point came to the conclusion that orange juice always triggered it.
The question is though, was it orange per se or the fact that a glass of orange juice is practically a glass of sugar?


No comments:

Post a Comment