Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Creamy chili and garlic pork

This turned out very yummy. When I cook fillet of pork I like to marinate it, it makes it very tender and tastes so much more.
Marinating in a bit of chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger and garlic gave the meat and sauce a bit of an oriental flavour, which I like. 

For marinating the meat:

1 fillet of pork, trimmed and cut into medallions
2 cloves of garlic
Salt
2 table spoons of soy sauce
2 table spoons of hot chili sauce
Chili powder 
Ginger powder

For the rest:
1 onion
1 carton of cream

I put everything in a plastic bag and when for a 1,5 hours walk!


When you come back from your walk, heat a pan and melt a big chunk of butter in it. Then put the meat medallions in the pan. 

A this point I also chopped an onion into to tiny pieces and put in a small pot with a piece of butter to let it go soft.


When the onion is soft, put it into the pan with the meat, and then pour cream over it, as much as you like to have sauce, and let it simmer on low heat. I used maybe 4 dl. Taste and use more spices if needed, I added some more salt and ginger.


The finished product! 
Served with cauliflower and broccoli mash. Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment