Monday, May 2, 2011

Hot n' Sweet ribs with baby carrots

I really like ribs when I eat them in a restaurant, but I have never cooked ribs at home. So I decided to give it a shot.
What I have realised from eating ribs in restaurant though, is that it is all in the sauce/glaze. You need to cook the ribs in the sauce, and also add some on top when they are done.
I do think I managed to make a really tasty sauce, with a perfect balance between sweet and spicy. We had the ribs with some fresh baby carrots fried in butter with salt, onion and some celery leaves.


This is how you make it:
Make the BBQ sauce:

Honey, 3-4 table spoons
Tomatoe paste, 5 table spoons,
Soy sauce, 2 table spoons
Olive oil, 3 table spoons
A dash of vinegar
Salt,
Pepper,
Cayenne pepper,
BBQ seasoning,
Garlic powder

Taste it and add more flavours if you want, as it's not gonna cook, the way it tastes now is the way it will taste with the meat as well.

I bought a rack of pork ribs. Chop it in two and season with salt and peppers.

 Put the oven to 175 degrees.

Cover the ribs in BBQ sauce and put in the oven in a tray.

Chop a small onion into small pieces, as well as the celery leaves. Melt a big chunk of butter and trim the baby carrots.


Fry until the onions are soft, season with a bit of sea salt.
 
Check that the meat is ready after 20 mins by cutting it and checking the colour. When it's ready, cut each rib up and add more sauce on to them. Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. Alltså, bilden på maträtten blev så snygg....hoppas att det smakar lika gott.
    kram från mami

    ReplyDelete