Thursday, June 2, 2011

Coleslaw!

So simple and so good. Coleslaw is perfect to make a big batch of and just keep in the fridge, it goes with pretty much anything.

As you might have notice, I do carrots every so often in my cooking, even tho it is not necessarily considered LCHF food. But I think it's ok, it's such small amounts I use every time, and I think it gives a nice colour to the food as well. After all, food is a lot about presentation.

Anyways, coleslaw can easily be made without that carrot too, it depends on what you prefer. If you are eating LCHF because you are a sugar addict, maybe you should stay away from it, but otherwise I don't think it'll do any harm :)

I my coleslaw I use:

White cabbage,
A very small amount of yellow onion, not too much, you don't want it to be the dominating flavour.
Greek yoghurt, full fat
Mayonnaise, full fat
Mustard, a very small amount, a teaspoon or two
Salt
Pepper
Chili powder










No comments:

Post a Comment